Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Moments

Our kitchen windows face the backyard.

When I was pregnant with our first baby, almost 9 years ago, I had all of these pictures in my mind about what motherhood would be like...

White picket fence, surrounding a large backyard; kids playing in it while I was cooking dinner; me looking out the windows with a smile on my face.

It is often not like this.

It is often me making dinner, yelling out the window for them to "stop fighting", "stop screaming", "stop picking on your brother", "what happened?", "get in the house now!", "no tantrums outside!".

But, tonight, while doing the dinner dishes, something almost magical happened.

I peered out the window, and saw the three out of four  kids laughing; running around; playing nicely together; the girls playing with a soccer ball, my oldest playing catch with my husband.

I dried my hands and grabbed my camera.

I heard them say, "What is she doing? Why is she taking a picture?".

I had to. This is how I pictured it all those years ago. The laughs, the smiles, the getting along.

"What are you taking a picture of?".

My magic moment...so I'll never forget. 







Also, linking up with two of my favorites: Seven Clown Circus and parenting BY dummies.

No comments:

Post a Comment