I am not one to complain about running...at all. But once in a while, when I'm running along minding my own business, someone or something irks me a little.
1. When drivers don't stop at STOP signs or yield at YIELD signs...I've come close to being hit...more than once.
2. When I pass by another runner/biker/walker and say "hi" or "good morning" and I get nothing...Where are your manners people??
3. Forgetting to charge my MP3 player and it dies by the end of my run.
4. Dog poop in the middle of a sidewalk/trail...gross.
5. The wind. I'm not talking about the nice gentle cool-me-off kind of breeze, I'm talking about the running-straight-into-a-brick-wall kind of wind, where you feel like you're not moving. AT. ALL.
6. When Nike discontinues my favorite running shoes...rude...and yes, I am still having a hard time getting over it.
7. When you're running with some buddies, and you take up the WHOLE sidewalk/trail because you have to be running side by side...come on now, we can all share.
8. When a passerby in a car honks...and I don't know them...rude.
9. Dome-shaped drain covers...that I trip over...twice. Yes, it's true. Legs sprawling, knees dripping with blood...not a pretty sight.
10. Running next to someone on a treadmill that is a. smelly b. pumping their arms above their head, then in front of them(think Rocky) c. talking on their phone d. pounding so loudly that you can hardly hear your music so you turn it up so loud you will most surely go deaf by age 50.
Well, that's my list.
*None of the above would ever keep me from running.
What are your running dis-likes? Or am I the only one? I hope not, because I really hate to complain.